Listing Your Home for Sale
by Eric Slifkin, founder and team leader, the Stuart Home Search Real Estate Team
Working with our Team- About Us
We are full time real estate agents in Stuart, Florida. Actually, we are much more than full time. We work early mornings, evenings, and weekends; whenever may be convenient for our clients. But being passionate about what we do, it quite often really doesn’t feel like work, so please do not hesitate to call us any time to discuss your situation.
A Win-Win Approach to Selling Your Home
Our philosophy about real estate is that we are here to help two parties (buyer and seller) find each other and complete a transaction with a minimum of stress. We are advocates for our clients. Our mission is to obtain the best possible price, terms and conditions for you- not to worry about the other parties’ preferences or feelings. That said, we find in most real estate transactions both home buyers and home sellers want to arrive at a win-win agreement, which is far more satisfying to both parties and ensures a pleasant closing experience for everyone.
Our Areas of Expertise
Contrary to popular belief, real estate agents can’t be all things to all people. It is impossible for one person to be the expert in every neighborhood and every type of property in all price ranges. I believe that we are hired for our expertise and that we should serve our clients with that expertise, not the other way around. YOU, the real estate buying or selling public, do not have the responsibility or obligation to further our education or to be used as a guinea pig just so that we get a paycheck.
Therefore, I feel strongly that I and my team members should be up front with potential clients about our strengths and experience. While I feel that we are exceptional real estate agents, even in areas where we are not the “expert”, I think it’s only fair that YOU have all the information you need to make a hiring decision.
Our Service Area
We KNOW Treasure Coast neighborhoods. During my own career, I have sold homes throughout the area. Our focus is Martin County, which encompasses Stuart, Palm City, Hobe Sound, and Jensen Beach. I am especially familiar with the subdivisions of Palm City, which features some of the area’s most desirable neighborhoods. When you hire us, you hire local expertise. We won’t be driving from through several counties servicing our listings; We will be here for you.
Our Personal Professionalism
Representing our clients is our top priority. We are responsive to inquiries by both buyers and other agents, and will do our best to show our own buyer clients our listings first. Personally, I am respected in the real estate community as a “quality agent”, which means that other agents will be happy to show our listings to their buyers. They know that I am professional, fair and creative, which makes their job just a little easier.
I truly appreciate your business and look forward to helping make your next real estate transaction a pleasant and painless experience, and hopefully even a little fun!
Our Marketing Services
Before we go to market…
- Market Survey- I preview competing listings to see how your home compares. I may call the agents of the sold listings I am using as comparables to see if there were any special circumstances surrounding their sale that I should know about, such as a divorce situation, structural problems, etc.
- Professional Comprehensive Market Analysis- My market analysis is, in a word, thorough. I will show you the Current Competition and the Recent Sales and calculate the estimated proceeds you should receive at closing. I base my pricing recommendations both on closed sales and the current competition.
- Pre-Marketing Improvement Suggestions & Assistance- I will go through your home with you to identify items that should be repaired or improved prior to market. I am a real expert in this area ~ I know what the market considers important (and what really doesn’t matter) and I can help you get the repairs done quite reasonably and painlessly. When you hire me to sell your home, you will have access to my preferred home improvement contractors.
- Spruce-Up House Cleaning (if appropriate)- I can arrange to have your home thoroughly cleaned before going to market, and after you move out. Just let me know.
- “What to Expect” Seller Booklet- I have created a helpful booklet describing the process of marketing your home with information such as … how to prepare for showings, what to expect when buyers look at your home, how to respond to offers, and much more.
On the Market
Your home is entered on our Regional MLS, which serves the entire Treasure Coast and Palm Beach County. Your home will be listed on the Regional MLS System (MLS) with appealing and accurate descriptions, interior pictures and a virtual tour.
- For Sale Sign with Rider
- Lock box
- 7 day/week showing service
- Open House(s)
- Extensive Web Exposure- I invest heavily in online marketing of my listings. This marketing generates substantial traffic and e-mail inquiries, and are my third largest source of sales. All listings have a virtual tour, interior pictures and descriptive captions.
- Virtual Tours- all of my listings have Virtual Tours that are posted to multiple real estate websites such as TCPalm.com, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Yahoo, Craigslist, Regional MLS and our own web sites. Virtual tours may consist of both still photos and panoramic “tours”, and will include pictures of every photogenic room in your home, the exterior, any view, the street scene, and the neighborhood attractions (parks, restaurants, shopping). I can post up to 50 photos on each tour!
- 21st Century Technology- I am up to date on the latest real estate technology. I have a professional quality digital camera with a wide angle lens, so that the photos of your home will be sharp and attractive. I have a high quality laser printer that produces amazing graphics and pictures for your home brochures. I make extensive use of e-mail, and I update my web sites several times a week.
Market Survey & Market Updates
I stay on top of the market for you. I monitor the homes that have sold, and those that haven’t to ensure that we are still priced appropriately. I will provide updates to you periodically on the current market activity with:
- New Competing Listings
- Status of Competing Listings
- Number of Showings
- Number of Internet Hits
- Feedback Reports I follow up with every buyer agent who shows your home. I will provide their feedback to you as soon as it comes in.
- Creative Solutions/Objective Opinions As I get to know your home better, and the feedback starts coming in, I may find that the market is objecting to something that neither of us thought of. Or, I may discover special features in your home that should be showcased differently. Either way, I take great pride in my creative solutions – this is, making adjustments as we go along in response to market feedback and conditions.
- If I see something that needs to be changed, I will tell you – whether or not I think it’s something that you want to hear. Many agents seem to assume that their clients are not open to suggestions, and I work on the assumption that that’s part of what you’re paying me for!
Contract to Closing Services
The real work begins after we’re “under contract”. There are inspections to negotiate, lenders to keep an eye on, and appraisers to be prepared for. Stringent monitoring of dates and deadlines is essential, as is a careful review of title work. We manage these processes utilizing a follow-up system that covers crucial items for every pending sale including:
- Ordering the title commitment with distribution to all parties. If there are any problems found in the commitment, I will work with you and the buyer’s agent to resolve them.
- Ensure that all disclosures are made properly, in a timely manner, and that all documents have signatures.
- Review the closing figures carefully so that you get every penny that’s coming to you.
- Place follow-up calls to the buyer’s lender and the buyer’s agent every week to ensure that the loan is progressing smoothly, and will notify you immediately if it appears the contract is in danger (in this case, I will aggressively renew full marketing).
Sometimes the most painful part of selling (and buying) a home is the inspection. If an issue arises in the inspection that needs attention, I will help negotiate the best settlement for you and assist in expediting agreed to repairs.
In our fluctuating market, appraisals can be problematic. It is not unusual to see a wide range of comparable sales for apparently similar homes, and an unprepared agent can cost her client money if she can’t justify the sales price of her listing. I am fully prepared for every appraisal, and may have already previewed any comparable sales the appraiser might use.
Selling your home will have its frustrating moments. How frustrating it is depends a lot on your real estate agent. I promise to do my best to reduce stress before, during and after the sale.
Online Marketing and Home Listing Syndication
We are a technology and social media real estate team, marketing through the Web and social media platforms. We don’t rely on door hangers, refrigerator magnets, calendars, postcards, or mailings; rather, your home is advertised on websites all across the web, making sure buyers see your home and everything it has to offer, 24/7. Here are some of the national sites where your home will appear:
To find out more about selling your home, click here
To get your home’s market value online for free, click here